Abrasive wheels training in accordance with PUWER regulations and the HSG 17
The abrasive wheel training course is for operatives who will be operating machinery and portable abrasive wheel cutting equipment as part of their job in the workplace.
The course covers the legal and practical requirements for the safe use of abrasive wheel cutting equipment in the workplace.
The primary objective is to ensure that operatives are trained on the safe use of their abrasive wheel angle grinder.
Course Aims and Objectives
- To train employees, self employed in the skills of abrasive cutting machines and provide knowledge when required on the safe use of abrasive wheels.
- Select the correct equipment and mount abrasive wheels safely in accordance with the health and safety regulations, provision of use and work equipment in the workplace.
- Wear the correct PPE, head to toe that is required by law in the place.
Abrasive Wheel Training Course Content
- Abrasive wheel training requirements
- Introduction, course aims and objectives.
- Legislation – HSG17
- Course literature.
- Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and the precautions to be observed.
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed.
- How to store handle and transport abrasive wheels.
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage.
- The functions of all the components used with abrasive wheels.
- How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use.
- The use of suitable personal protective equipment, for example eye protection.
- Practical participation on the safe use of a portable grinders or bench grinder.
This abrasive wheel training course can be delivered is a half day course for experienced operators, or for refresher training. For the less experienced or novice operator training they would require a full day.
3 years, this course is accredited through CPD (Continuous professional development) Under the heading safe use of power tools in the workplace.
By the end of the abrasive wheels training course delegates will have learned the skills necessary to work with abrasive wheels, inspect and maintain.
We can deliver the Abrasive Wheels training course onsite or at one of our training locations in the UK.
Apple Group Training aim to beat any equivalent quote.