Abrasive Wheel Training
The abrasive wheel training course is for operatives who will be operating machinery and portable abrasive wheel cutting equipment as part of their job in the workplace.
The course covers the legal and practical requirements for the safe use of abrasive wheel cutting equipment in the workplace.
The primary objective is to ensure that operatives are trained on the safe use of their abrasive wheel angle grinder.
Course Aims and Objectives
- To train employees, self employed in the skills of abrasive cutting machines and provide knowledge when required on the safe use of abrasive wheels.
- Select the correct equipment and mount abrasive wheels safely in accordance with the health and safety regulations, provision of use and work equipment in the workplace.
- Wear the correct PPE, head to toe that is required by law in the place.
Abrasive Wheel Training Course Content
- Abrasive wheel training requirements
- Introduction, course aims and objectives.
- Legislation – HSG17
- Course literature.
- Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and the precautions to be observed.
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed.
- How to store handle and transport abrasive wheels.
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage.
- The functions of all the components used with abrasive wheels.
- How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use.
- The use of suitable personal protective equipment, for example eye protection.
- Practical participation on the safe use of a portable grinders or bench grinder.
3 years, this course is accredited through CPD (Continuous professional development) Under the heading safe use of power tools in the workplace.
By the end of the abrasive wheels training course delegates will have learned the skills necessary to work with abrasive wheels, inspect and maintain.
Course location: Apple Group Training, locations are based in Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham. We also have the use of up to 300 partner training centres in the UK.
If you can not travel to one of our locations then as long as your workplace is suitable, we can provide training onsite to suit.
Apple Group Training aim to beat any equivalent quote.
Full UK Coverage
Aberdeen Ayr Airdrie Bath Bangor Brighton Bradford Basingstoke Basildon Barnsley Bristol Bolton Blackpool Blackburn Birmingham Birkenhead Bedford Bournemouth Chester Chesterfield Coatbridge Colchester Crawly Coventry Cumbernauld Cheltenham Chelmsford Cardiff Cambridge Derby Doncaster Dundee Dunfermline Darlington East Kilbride Eastbourne Edinburgh Exeter Glasgow Halifax Hamilton Hastings Hartlepool Hemel Hempstead High Wycombe Huddersfield Ipswich Inverness Kilbride Kilmarnock Kingston upon Hull Kirkcaldy Leeds Leicester Lincoln London Liverpool Livingston Luton Maidstone Manchester Middlesbrough Milton Keynes Newport Newcastle upon Tyne Newport Northampton Norwich Nottingham Nuneaton Oldham Oxford Paisley Portsmouth Preston Perth Peterborough Plymouth Poole Raleigh Reading Rochdale Rotherham Sale Salford Sheffield Stevenage Stirling Stockport Stoke-on-Trent Sunderland Sutton Coldfield Swansea Swindon Southampton Southend-on-Sea Slough Solihull Southport St Asaph St Albans St David’s Swansea Telford Warrington Watford Weston-Super-Mare Wigan Wolverhampton Worcester Worthing York