Abrasive Wheels Training CourseThe Abrasive Wheels training course is ideal for those who work in an industry which requires the use of abrasive wheels as part of their job description.
The primary objective is to ensure that work equipment, including abrasive wheels, does not give rise to risks to health and safety. Under the provision of use work equipment and the abrasive wheels regulations you must be trained on the use of all equipment within the workplace.
Course Aims and Objectives
- To train candidates in the skills and provide knowledge where required on the use of abrasive wheels.
- Select the correct equipment and mount abrasive wheels safely in accordance with the health and safety regulations.
- Wear the correct PPE associated with abrasive wheels.
- Introduction, course aims and objectives.
- Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and the precautions to be observed.
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed.
- How to store handle and transport abrasive wheels.
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage.
- The functions of all the components used with abrasive wheels.
- How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use.
- The use of suitable personal protective equipment, for example eye protection.
3 years, this course is accredited through CPD (Continuous professional development)
By the end of the abrasive wheels training course delegates will have learned the skills necessary to work with abrasive wheels, inspect and maintain.
We can deliver the Abrasive Wheels training course at anyone of our training locations in the UK.
If you would like the Abrasive Wheels training course onsite, please contact us for more information.
For a more detailed quote on cost, group bookings, individual open courses or Abrasive Wheels Train the Trainer course please contact us.
Apple Group Training aim to beat any equivalent quote.
Apple Group Abrasive wheels online learning, click here for more information.