Abrasive Wheels Training CourseThis training course is ideal for those who work in an industry which requires the use of abrasive wheels as part of their job description.
The primary objective is to ensure that work equipment, including abrasive wheels, does not give rise to risks to health and safety. Under the provision of use work equipment and the abrasive wheels regulations you must be trained on the use of all equipment within the workplace.
Course Aims and Objectives
- To train candidates in the skills and provide knowledge where required on the use of abrasive wheels.
- Select the correct equipment and mount abrasive wheels safely in accordance with the health and safety regulations.
- Wear the correct PPE associated with abrasive wheels.
- Introduction, course aims and objectives.
- Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and the precautions to be observed.
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed.
- How to store handle and transport abrasive wheels.
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage.
- The functions of all the components used with abrasive wheels.
- How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use.
- The use of suitable personal protective equipment, for example eye protection.
3 years, this course is accredited through CPD (Continuous professional development)
By the end of the abrasive wheels training course delegates will have learned the skills necessary to work with abrasive wheels, inspect and maintain.
We can provide the half day abrasive wheels training course for a fixed rate of £450.00 up to 14 candidates (£32.14 per person) all prices are plus vat.
You may combine the abrasive wheels course with any other of our half day courses together on a day rate of £600.00, again up to 14 candidates, equivalent to (£21.42 per person per course) plus vat.
Train the trainer course; £600.00 plus vat
We also offer courses for one, two or three candidates, no matter what the class size, for more information on cost, please contact us for a quotation.
New to Apple Group Abrasive wheels on line learning, click here for more information.