Abrasive wheels training in accordance with the HSG 17
The abrasive wheels training course is for operatives who will be operating abrasive wheel cutting equipment as part of their job.
The course covers the legal and practical requirements for use of abrasive wheel cutting equipment in the workplace.
On successful completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate of competence CPD in the use of abrasive wheel cutting equipment.
The primary objective is to ensure that work equipment including abrasive wheels are safe for use.
Course Aims and Objectives
- To train candidates in the skills and provide knowledge where required on the use of abrasive wheels.
- Select the correct equipment and mount abrasive wheels safely in accordance with the health and safety regulations.
- Wear the correct PPE associated with abrasive wheels.
- Introduction, course aims and objectives.
- Legislation - HSG17
- Course literature.
- Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and the precautions to be observed.
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed.
- How to store handle and transport abrasive wheels.
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage.
- The functions of all the components used with abrasive wheels.
- How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use.
- The use of suitable personal protective equipment, for example eye protection.
- Practical participation on the safe use of a portable or bench grinder.
3 years, this course is accredited through CPD (Continuous professional development) Under the heading safe use of power tools in the workplace.
By the end of the abrasive wheels training course delegates will have learned the skills necessary to work with abrasive wheels, inspect and maintain.
We can deliver the Abrasive Wheels training course onsite at your workplace or at one of our training locations in the UK.
If you would like the Abrasive Wheels training course onsite, please contact us for more information.
Apple Group Training aim to beat any equivalent quote.
Train the trainer:
Abrasive Wheels Train the Trainer
Abrasive wheels online learning, click here for more information.