Asbestos Awareness Training
This training course is specifically designed to provide delegates with an appreciation of the requirements of UK legislation.
Asbestos Awareness training is mandatory for those who will or may come into contact with asbestos as part of their daily work activity
Please note this training course does not allow you to disturb or remove asbestos.
Course aims and Objectives
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke;
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs in buildings and plant;
- The general procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency, for example an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace;
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos, for example for building work, no employee should carry out work which disturbs the fabric of a building unless the employer has confirmed that ACMs are not present.
- Current legislation (CAW Regulations 2012)
- Introducing asbestos
- Types of asbestos
- Where asbestos may be found
- Why is there a problem?
- Asbestos related diseases
- Who is at risk & why
- The Duty to manage asbestos
- Assessing the risk
- Training requirements
Course Duration: 4 hours
Course location: Apple Group Training, locations are based in Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham. We also have the use of up to 300 partner training centres in the UK.
If you can not travel to one of our locations then as long as your workplace is suitable, we can provide training onsite to suit.
Certification: Accredited through Apple Group, you may use this certificate as evidence towards continuous professional development.
If you are too busy to attend a training class why not use our online training portal
The course content delivered through Apple Group Training is inline with the HSE code of practice