Course booking terms and conditions and cancellation policy
Effective from 1st January 2016. Please note these ‘Terms and Conditions’ may be subject to change without notice.
- For current course costs and dates, please refer to our website.
- Before booking onto the course, please ensure you have read the course content, to ensure the course will meet your training needs and that you are able to meet pre-requisites, where stated.
- If a course registration/booking form is completed by an individual other than the named candidate, it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the candidate is suitable for the course and has the relevant experience.
- Upon receipt of your booking form, and subsequent payment your place(s) will be confirmed.
- Important note: Apple Group’s acceptance of your booking brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by you in any purchase order or correspondence will not form part of the contract.
Invoicing and payment
- Course fees are payable upon booking unless a valid, authorised Purchase Order is provided and accepted.
- Invoices will be sent via email to the name and address provided on the booking form and must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date or not later than 1 working day prior to the start of the course, whichever date occurs soonest (the “due date”).
- Payment must be made in pounds Sterling by cheque, credit/debit card or BACS.
- If any amount properly due to Apple Group under or in connection with these terms and conditions remains outstanding beyond the due date Apple Group may:
a. charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per annum above the base rate of Lloyds Bank PLC from time to time (which interest will accrue daily until the date of actual payment, be compounded quarterly, and be payable on demand); or
b. claim interest and statutory compensation pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998).
Course attendance and certification
- Candidates will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the course registration/booking form to ensure joining instructions are received by the candidate. Instructions will be sent via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the course registration/booking form to contact Apple Group to arrange for them to be reissued.
- Failure to attend the course will result in the full cost being incurred.
- Apple Group will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email address provided on the booking form. If alternative details are received after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- No certificate(s) shall be issued whilst there is an outstanding balance (including interest on overdue balances and statutory compensation) due to Apple Group.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of Apple Group, to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the tutor.
Cancellations and Amendments
- All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
*excluding extenuating circumstances which will be charged at Apple Group’s discretion.
|Calendardays noticebefore the start date of the course||Refund applicable|
|29 calendar days or more||Full refund minus a £29.50excVAT administration fee|
|Between 15 and 28 calendar days (inclusive)||50% refund minus a £29.50excVAT administration fee|
|Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)||No refund will be given|
|Failure to attend||Treated as late cancellation and no refund given|
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of £29.50 plus VAT has been paid.
- If the individual named on the booking form is unable to attend, and cannot or does not wish to transfer their place to another candidate, a percentage of the fee paid may be accepted as payment towards a place on the same or another course that takes place within 6 months following the originally booked event. The amount of the course fee transferred is displayed below.
|Calendardays noticebefore the start date of the course||Fee to transfer to a new course|
|29 calendar days or more||£29.50excVAT administration fee|
|Between 15 and 28 calendar days (inclusive)||50% of registration fee|
|Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)||No transfer available. No refund given.|
|Failure to attend||Treated as late cancellation and no fee will be transferred|
- Delegates are only permitted to one course transfer or substitution per booking. After this the full fee will be charged.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto a course Apple Group reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course.
- In the event of cancellation of a course by Apple Group, we will endeavour to inform all participants a week before the course is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All course fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another Apple Group course. Apple Group shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch is provided on all full day courses unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to Apple Group in advance of the course commencing.
- If you are unable to attend any of the course due to extenuating circumstances you must inform Apple Group in writing.
- If you were unable to attend due to illness you must provide evidence in the form of a doctor’s note.
- Apple Group shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
These terms and conditions, together with the current Apple Group’s website prices, course details and Apple Group contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the course and associated materials and services to you by Apple Group. In particular, no terms and conditions incorporated within your purchase order and nothing said by any person on behalf of Apple Group should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods or services offered for sale by Apple Group. Apple Group shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.