Fall arrest-Fall restraint training course
This training course covers all aspects of fall arrest and fall restraint safety measures when working at height, this training course comes under the banner of harness awareness use and inspection. The training provided is a mix of theory with a practical application.
There are three categories of work
Careful consideration must be given to ensure that the safest solution is chosen when working at height.
There is an hierarchy of measures, avoid working at height where possible. Fall restraint must have priority over work positioning, then fall arrest.
This category of work covers techniques that help to restrict the worker from falling over the edge.
The lanyard used in this category is designed to suspend the worker in their work position. Remember it is advised when using this type of lanyard that you have a back up system in place.
This category is the only one that actually allows a fall to take place. What happens next is that the fall arrest reacts by arresting the fall in a controlled manner. The most important factor is to make sure that when using fall arrest that you have adequate clearance and there are no obstacles during a fall.
Course aims and objectives
- Provide information on the latest legislation relevant to working at height, equipment and PPE
- Identify the hazards and risk when working at height using your equipment
- Train candidates on the understanding of fall arrest and restraint lanyards
Course Content AM Session
- Introduction to height safety
- Collective measures and there importance
- Individual measures of safety for the user
- Fall restraint (what are the benefits)
- Work Positioning lanyard type
- Fall arrest and their purpose
- Inertia blocks correct use and inspection
- What are the Hazards of incorrect use
- Risk analysis of your environment
Course Content PM Session
- Practical use of equipment
- Inspection of your equipment before use
- Candidate participation on the use of fall arrest and restraint measures of safety
The fall arrest-fall-restraint training course is a mix of theory with a practical application. The user will have to demonstrate a level of competency when attaching a lanyard to their harness.
The fall arrest-fall-restraint training course is accredited through CPD (Continuous professional development) You must of completed the harness awareness and inspection course to be certified.
For a more detailed quote on cost, group bookings, individual open courses or train the trainer course please contact us.
If you would like the fall arrest-restraint training course onsite, contact our head office in Leeds West Yorkshire on 0113 2573222 or if you would like to speak direct with one of our trainers contact Richard Appleyard on 07989238442
Apple Group Training provide full UK coverage