Hand-Arm Vibration Training CourseThis course is ideal for managers and supervisors, in fact, anyone who has the responsibility of the use of hand-held power tools. Hand-arm vibration comes from the use of hand-held power tools and is the cause of significant ill health, painful, debilitating and disorders which effects the blood vessels, nerves and joints.
Under the management at work regulations, which were introduced in 1999, any company who employs more than 5 employees must have a written hazard analysis and risk assessment documentation in their place of work, all power tools must be safe to use and suitable for the task.
Course Aims and ObjectivesThe aims of this training course is to provide learners with a certificate of competence.
- Appreciation of the requirements of current legislation
- How to draw up a policy on the use of hand held power tools
- Evaluate the core elements and the principles of power tools in the workplace
- How to identify a hazard when use of a hand held power tool is required
- What is the risk of harm
- What existing controls do you currently have in place
- Collective measures of safety
- Individual measures of safety
- How to write up a risk assessment on the use of hand held power tools
- Practical assessment with class participation
Candidates will be expected to participate in a number of group activities.
Certified 3 years through Apple Group, this evidence can be used as continuous professional development within your industry.
We can deliver the Hand-Arm Vibration training course at anyone of our partner training locations in the UK.
If you would like the Hand-Arm Vibration training course onsite, please contact us for more information.
For a more detailed quote on cost, group bookings, individual open courses or the Hand-Arm Vibration Train the Trainer course please contact us.
Apple Group Training aim to beat any equivalent quote.