Harness awareness use and inspection
The harness awareness use and inspection training course has been specifically designed to provide candidates and those with the responsibility of wearing a harness including the use of lanyards.
The training provided will include; the requirement to perform a pre-use safety inspection of the harness and lanyard, the faults that may be identified, which type of harness and lanyard are appropriate for use when working at height dependent on your job description.
The training provided is a mix of theory with full group participation.
Course Aims & Objectives
- Assess and determine when it’s appropriate to use a safety harness
- Visually inspect harness and lanyards for damage before and after use
- Legislation and regulations affecting safety harness and associated
- Product standards and classifications
- Hazards and risk affecting the use of a safety harness
- Appreciation of the requirements of legislation
- Guidance on when safety harness needs to be worn
- CE marking
- Work restraint-fall arrest (do you know the difference)
- Equipment strengths
- Safety harness types (what is the difference)
- Lanyard types fall arrest, fall restraint
- The importance of Inspection
- Rescue provision when wearing a harness
- How to don a harness
- Practical participation by course candidates on wearing a harness.
This Harness training course is accredited through CPD (Continuous professional development).
If you would like the Harness Awareness use and Inspection training course onsite, please contact our Head Office on 0113 2573222, or if you would like to speak with one of our trainers direct contact Richard Appleyard on 07989238442, we provide full UK coverage.
For a more detailed quote on costs, group bookings, individual open courses or train the trainer course please contact us.