Ladder Training Level 1 & 2
This training course is for industries that require their employees to work safely at height on ladders when using a fall arrest system, which allows the worker to work safely and always maintain three points of contact.
Apple Group have provided level one and two ladder training on the safe access, use and egress from a ladder for over 19 years, we specialise on height safety and we also provide ladder stabilisation as well as height safety kits for the individual.
The training that Apple Group provide allows companies to save time and money knowing that their employees are safe when using ladders with a fall protection system.
Course Aims and Objectives
- Train employees and others on the safe working procedures when using ladders with fall arrest.
- Demonstrate a level of competence on the use of their fall protection PPE
- Course Introduction, why is training so important
- HSE Legislation, why we must adhere to the law
- Latest statistics, HSE website latest news
- Ladder type, latest ladder standards
- Ladder stabalisation, what is the purpose
- Collective measures, what does this mean
- Inspection of your ladders
- Manual handling of your ladders
- Procedure of securing your ladder to a solid structure
What follows next is the introduction of your individual height safety PPE generally known as the ladder safety kit level 2
- Demonstration on how to inspect and fit a harness with full group participation
- Break down of the full ladder kit and its purpose
- Practical application to include all course participants
- Written or verbal test dependant on the learner requirements
Course duration: 7 hours
Course location: Apple Group Training, locations are based in Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham. We also have the use of up to 300 partner training centres in the UK.
If you can not travel to one of our locations then as long as your workplace is suitable, we can provide training onsite to suit
Benefits: Knowing that your employees, sub-contractors will have received training to the highest standard and that as long as they follow the procedure as shown in training they will work safely
Certification: This course is accredited through CPD (Continuous professional development) and the Confederation of Aerial Industries
If you would like more information on the course content, cost of individual open courses or group bookings please contact us.
Full UK Coverage
Aberdeen Ayr Airdrie Bath Bangor Brighton Bradford Basingstoke Basildon Barnsley Bristol Bolton Blackpool Blackburn Birmingham Birkenhead Bedford Bournemouth Chester Chesterfield Coatbridge Colchester Crawly Coventry Cumbernauld Cheltenham Chelmsford Cardiff Cambridge Derby Doncaster Dundee Dunfermline Darlington East Kilbride Eastbourne Edinburgh Exeter Glasgow Halifax Hamilton Hastings Hartlepool Hemel Hempstead High Wycombe Huddersfield Ipswich Inverness Kilbride Kilmarnock Kingston upon Hull Kirkcaldy Leeds Leicester Lincoln London Liverpool Livingston Luton Maidstone Manchester Middlesbrough Milton Keynes Newport Newcastle upon Tyne Newport Northampton Norwich Nottingham Nuneaton Oldham Oxford Paisley Portsmouth Preston Perth Peterborough Plymouth Poole Raleigh Reading Rochdale Rotherham Sale Salford Sheffield Stevenage Stirling Stockport Stoke-on-Trent Sunderland Sutton Coldfield Swansea Swindon Southampton Southend-on-Sea Slough Solihull Southport St Asaph St Albans St David’s Swansea Telford Warrington Watford Weston-Super-Mare Wigan Wolverhampton Worcester Worthing York