Course Overview - Why Take This Course?
This course trains candidates on the safe use of power tools and workplace machinery, as well as the associated hazards and the risk.
Precautions that must be taken when operating the equipment, in accordance with Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
The aim of this Power Tool/Machinery course is to train candidates on the users’ skills, knowledge, and to achieve a level of competency on the safe use of their workplace equipment.
During the training course, our expert trainer will assess operatives on their daily activities when using power tools or machinery.
This will provide the trainer with an insight into the operatives’ ability and competency to operate power tools and machinery in such working conditions.
By the end of the Safe Use of Power Tool/Machinery training course candidates will have learned the skills necessary to use their power tools and machinery safely.
Who Is This Course For?
This training course is designed for employees and others who operate handheld power tools and machinery at work.
The training provided is for those who have the responsibility on the safe use of work equipment, such as employees, supervisors, and managers.
Course Aims & Objectives
By completing this training course, you will learn:
- The reasons as to why training is important.
- How to implement a safe system of work under the management of Health and Safety at Work regulations.
- Course Introduction (previous experience and knowledge on the use of your equipment).
- PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations).
- MHSWR (Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations).
- Collective and individual safety controls
- Power tool/machinery manufacture type.
- Inspection of your power tool/machinery before use.
- Maintenance service records.
- Identification of the component parts of your power tool machinery.
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment regulations).
- General use and the safety precautions that must be followed.
- How to identify the hazards and the risks whilst using power tools/machinery in the workplace.
- Risk management – who will be affected by the user operating procedures.
- The importance of selecting the correct equipment to complete the task.
- Power tool and machinery use inspection, care, and maintenance of your work equipment.
- Personal safety to yourself and others in the working environment.
- Health and safety training on the use of power tools and machinery.
- Storage and lockdown procedures of your power tools and machinery.
- Practical training and participation on the use of power tools and machinery at work.
Which Power Tools Can You Provide Training For?
We can provide training on a variety of different power tools and machinery. Please see below just a few of the examples.
- Circular saw (portable and fixed)
- Abrasive wheel (bench grinder)
- Handheld portable angle grinder
- Nail gun
- Table/bench saw
- Mitre saw training – cross cut saw
- Portable power tools – orbital sander, hammer drill, chainsaw, jig saw, planer, impact driver.
- Chop saw
- Radial arm saw
- Disc sander
- Band saw, vertical saw
- Pillar drill
- Planer thicknesser
We cannot list every power tool or machine type that Apple Group Training cover, so if you don’t see any of the tools listed, please contact us and our instructors will provide and deliver a training course that is bespoke to your requirements and tailored to the specific models that you use.
Apple Group Training locations are based in Leeds, Rotherham, Doncaster and Birmingham. This training course can also be held at one of our 300 partner training centres in the UK.
If you cannot travel to one of our training centre locations then we can come to your premises to provide training on-site as long as your workplace is suitable.
Meet The Expert
Richard Appleyard is a health and safety consultant with more than 19 years’ experience of training employees, self employed company owners and organisations across a wide range of industries. He delivers easy-to-understand, enjoyable, engaging, and comprehensive training to the highest standard.
Why Choose Apple Group?
Most of our training courses are certified in house or accredited by the (CPD) Certification Service and developed by highly qualified health and safety professionals in accordance with HSE standards.
We have over 19 years’ experience providing training and consultancy to a wide range of industries across the UK including construction, hospitality, health and social care.
Tailored to You
Our courses can be tailored to your unique training requirements, whatever the size.
Train At Any Location
At one of our training centres in the UK or on-site at your own premises, you choose the training location that’s best for you.
Our 5* Reviews
“Great training facilities and great instructor. Richard the training instructor is exceptional and his expertise and methods of training are second to none”