Power Tools Training Course
The aims of this power tool training course is to train candidates on the users’ skills, knowledge and to achieve a level of competency on the safe use of their work equipment.
During the training course the trainer will assess operatives on their daily activities when using power tools, this will provide the trainer with an insight into the operatives’ ability and competency to operate power tools in such conditions.
Course aims and Objectives
- Introduction to the relevant legislation.
- Planning why is this important under the HSE guidelines.
- How to implement a safe system of work under the management of health and safety at work regulations.
- To identify the hazards and the risk when using a power tools and take control which will show a level of competency.
- Course Introduction.
- Current legislation on the safe use of your work equipment.
- How to identify the hazards and dangers whilst using power tools in the workplace.
- Risk management, who will be affected by the user operating procedures.
- Control measures, collective and individual, who is responsible.
- The importance of selecting the correct power tool to complete the task.
- The importance of inspection, care and maintenance of your work equipment.
- Introduction to personal safety whilst carrying out your
- Identification of your power tool components
- Safe storage procedures
- Practical use of the users powered tools under supervision.
Operatives will be required to participate in the full use of their equipment.
Please note if you do not see any of the tools listed in your workplace then contact us as our instructors can deliver a training course that is bespoke to your requirements.
The responsibility of the company is to provide a safe working environment and the correct equipment for the course.
Duration: 6 hours
Certification: This course is accredited through CPD as evidence of (Continuous professional development)
By the end of the safe use of power tools training course delegates will have learned the skills necessary to use their power tools safely.
On site or at a venue of your choice, Apple Group Training have the use of over 300 training venues nationwide.
Apple Group Training instructors are all trained to the highest standard.
Examples of tool types covered on this training course
Cutting tools (saws), SDS Drills, Impact drivers, Hand tools, Abrasives, Bench grinder, Circular saws, Vertical bandsaws, Planes, Sander, Chop saw, Jig saw.
This is just a small example of the power tools that Apple Group Training cover, if you require additional training on other types, please contact us.