Risk Management Training Course
This training course is ideal for managers and supervisors, in fact anyone who has the responsibility of risk management in the workplace.
Under the management at work regulations, which were introduced in 1999, any company which employs more than 5 employees must have a written hazard analysis and risk assessment documentation in their place of work.
Course Aims and Objectives
- Why a risk assessment is essential for improving health and safety in the workplace.
- The type of injuries and ill-health that can occur as a result of a poor health and safety management system.
- The legal responsibilities placed on employers, employees and the self employed when carrying out risk assessment under the guidance of the management of health and safety at work regulations.
- Appreciation of the requirements of the current legislation
- What is the purpose of Risk management
- Understand the requirements that need to be considered when assessing and completing a COVID-19 risk assessment
- Evaluate the core elements and the principles of risk management in the workplace
- What are the 5 steps to a risk assessment process
- Hazard and risk analysis of your workplace
- Collective and individual measures of safety are they enough?
- Procedures to follow when writing up your risk management system
- How to write up a method statement based on the findings of your risk assessment
- Safe System of Works and Method Statements outlined per regulations
- Written test (multiple choice)
Course benefits: After completion of this course, participants will be able to understand and write up a risk assessment.
Learning Style: This training course is classroom based with a mix of trainer presentations and individual exercises to completed by the course participants.
Trainer Assessment: Participants will be assessed throughout the course.
Duration: 6 hours
Certification: Certified through Apple Group Training, this evidence can be used as continuous professional development within your industry. (CPD)
Course location: Apple Group Training, locations are based in Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham. We also have the use of up to 300 partner training centres in the UK.
If you can not travel to one of our locations then as long as your workplace is suitable, we can provide training onsite to suit.
Full UK Coverage
Aberdeen Ayr Airdrie Bath Bangor Brighton Bradford Basingstoke Basildon Barnsley Bristol Bolton Blackpool Blackburn Birmingham Birkenhead Bedford Bournemouth Chester Chesterfield Coatbridge Colchester Crawly Coventry Cumbernauld Cheltenham Chelmsford Cardiff Cambridge Derby Doncaster Dundee Dunfermline Darlington East Kilbride Eastbourne Edinburgh Exeter Glasgow Halifax Hamilton Hastings Hartlepool Hemel Hempstead High Wycombe Huddersfield Ipswich Inverness Kilbride Kilmarnock Kingston upon Hull Kirkcaldy Leeds Leicester Lincoln London Liverpool Livingston Luton Maidstone Manchester Middlesbrough Milton Keynes Newport Newcastle upon Tyne Newport Northampton Norwich Nottingham Nuneaton Oldham Oxford Paisley Portsmouth Preston Perth Peterborough Plymouth Poole Raleigh Reading Rochdale Rotherham Sale Salford Sheffield Stevenage Stirling Stockport Stoke-on-Trent Sunderland Sutton Coldfield Swansea Swindon Southampton Southend-on-Sea Slough Solihull Southport St Asaph St Albans St David’s Swansea Telford Warrington Watford Weston-Super-Mare Wigan Wolverhampton Worcester Worthing York