Risk Management Training Course
This training course is ideal for managers and supervisors, in fact anyone who has the responsibility of risk management in the workplace.
Under the management at work regulations, which were introduced in 1999, any company which employs more than 5 employees must have a written hazard analysis and risk assessment documentation in their place of work.
Course Aims and Objectives
The aims of this training course is to provide learners with a certificate of competence.
Accurately record details when writing a risk assessment
Determine, when a risk management system needs to be put in place
- Appreciation of the requirements of current legislation
- Risk management and its purpose
- Evaluate the core elements and the principles of risk management in the workplace
- What is a hazard (Anything that has the potential to cause harm)
- What is the risk (Who and what will be affected)
- What controls do you currently have in place
- Collective measures of safety are they enough?
- Individual measures, who will be affected?
- How to write up a risk assessment (5 steps to a risk assessment)
- Practical assessment with class participation
Candidates will be expected to participate in a number of group tasks, which will include a practical application.
Duration: 6 hours
Certification: Certified through Apple Group Training, this evidence can be used as continuous professional development within your industry. (CPD)
Course location: Apple Group provide a mobile service which allows us to come to you , we also have training centres in Leeds, Bedford, Birmingham and Glasgow including the use of up to 300 different locations in the UK
Benefits: Knowing that your employees, sub-contractors will have received training to the highest standard and that as long as they follow the procedure as learnt on the training course, they will be able to work within the guidelines as per management of health and safety at work regulations.
If you would like more information on the course content, cost of individual open courses or group bookings please contact us.