Table Saw Training (safe use of powered machinery in the workplace)
The Table Saw training course is the first step towards training for those who use a table saws within the workplace, it is specifically designed to provide delegates with an appreciation of the requirements of UK legislation, use and inspection of component parts.
Training is a mandatory requirement by law for those who use table saws as part of their daily work activity, Apple Group Training provide theory with a practical element to the course.
Our Instructors can cover up to 4 different types of power tools on the same day
Course aims and Objectives
- Introduction to circular saw benches, including safe working practice;
- Introduction to the PUWER regulations
- Provide delegates with the correct information on the dangers when using a table saw in your workplace
- Introduction to different types of table saws
- Current legislation reference your work equipment
- What are the Hazards when using a table saw
- What is the Risk to the user plus others in your workplace
- Collective controls, what is the purpose
- Individual safety measures of control
- Component parts and their purpose
- Installation checks before and after use
- Procedures the user must follow before start up of the table saw
- Operator instruction
- Label identification
- Safe operating procedures when using the table saw
- Maintenance and cleaning before and after use of the table saw
- Noise and emissions procedures you must adhere to within the parameters of the law
On completion of the table saw training course, the user will have a greater knowledge of the theory and practical elements when using a table saw
Accredited through CPD (Continuous Professional Development) under the heading safe use of power tools
If you would like the Table Saw training course onsite, please contact us for more information.
Apple Group Training aim to beat any equivalent quote.