Asbestos Awareness Training CourseThe asbestos awareness course is the first step towards training for those who work on any building or premises built before the year 2000 that may contain asbestos materials.
The approved asbestos awareness training course is specifically designed to provide delegates with an appreciation of the requirements of UK legislation.
Asbestos Awareness training is mandatory for those who will or may come into contact with asbestos as part of their daily work activity such as: satellite, aerial installers, solar PV installers, general maintenance staff; electricians, gas fitters; plasterers; roofers; fire and burglar alarm installers; shop fitters; painters and decorators; demolition workers; heating and ventilation engineers; computer installers; plumbers; joiners; construction workers; telecoms engineers and building surveyors.
Course aims and Objectives
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke;
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs in buildings and plant;
- The general procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency, for example an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace; and
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos, for example for building work, no employee should carry out work which disturbs the fabric of a building unless the employer has confirmed that ACMs are not present.
- Current legislation (CAW Regulations 2012)
- Introducing asbestos
- Types of asbestos
- Where asbestos may be found
- Why is there a problem?
- Asbestos related diseases
- Who is at risk & why
- The Duty to manage asbestos
- Assessing the risk
- Training requirements
At the end of the training course delegates will be competent on the types, hazards, risk, and health effects when coming into contact with asbestos when disturbed.
Accredited through Apple Group, you may use this certificate as evidence towards continuous professional development
We can provide the half day asbestos awareness training course for a fixed rate of £450.00 plus vat up to 14 candidates (£32.14 per person) all prices are plus vat.
You may combine the asbestos awareness course with any other of our half day courses together on a day rate of £600.00 plus vat, again up to 14 candidates equivalent to (£21.42 per person per course) plus vat.
Train the trainer course; £600.00 plus vat.
We also offer courses for one, two or three candidates, no matter what the class size, for more information on cost, please contact us for a quotation.
New to Apple Group Asbestos awareness on line learning, click here for more information.