Manual Handling of Inanimate Objects
This training course has been designed for those whose work involves lifting and moving of equipment at work.
HSE statistics show us that 80% of adults will suffer back pain at some point during their adult life, in most cases, many will manage to continue working or return to work within a few days or weeks, despite their pain.
Manual handling is an important factor within the workplace, we can make employees and others aware of the risks, but awareness is not enough. Apple Group provide training that is bespoke to the client ensuring that whatever the task is the learner will have received training to the highest standard.
Course aims and objectives
- To provide delegates with an appreciation of the requirements of manual handling legislation.
- Understand the need to carry out risk assessments when your work involves manual handling.
- Understand the importance of correct manual handling techniques
Manual handling course content
- Manual handling of inanimate objects course introduction
- Manual handling legislation
- Manual handling tasks within your workplace
- Hazard and risk analysis of your working practice
- Collective and Individual control, who is responsible
- Moving & handling assessments
- Principles of safer moving & handling
- Manual handling risk assessment
- Upper limb disorders
- Unsafe systems of work, latest HSE news
- Equipment demonstrations & practical assessment
- Evaluation of your working practice when performing a manual handling task
This course is theory based, although the main element of the training course, is based on the practical skills of the candidates.
Duration: 6 hours
Certification: Accredited through Apple Group Training, although you may use this certificate as evidence towards continuous professional development
Course location: Apple Group Training, locations are based in Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham. We also have the use of up to 300 partner training centres in the UK.
If you can not travel to one of our locations then as long as your workplace is suitable, we can provide training onsite to suit.
Benefits: Knowing that your employees will have received training to the highest standard and as long as they follow the safe manual handling procedures, received on the training course they will continue to perform their work task safely without the risk of injury.
If you would like more information on the course content, cost of individual open courses or group bookings please contact us.
Full UK Coverage
Aberdeen Ayr Airdrie Bath Bangor Brighton Bradford Basingstoke Basildon Barnsley Bristol Bolton Blackpool Blackburn Birmingham Birkenhead Bedford Bournemouth Chester Chesterfield Coatbridge Colchester Crawly Coventry Cumbernauld Cheltenham Chelmsford Cardiff Cambridge Derby Doncaster Dundee Dunfermline Darlington East Kilbride Eastbourne Edinburgh Exeter Glasgow Halifax Hamilton Hastings Hartlepool Hemel Hempstead High Wycombe Huddersfield Ipswich Inverness Kilbride Kilmarnock Kingston upon Hull Kirkcaldy Leeds Leicester Lincoln London Liverpool Livingston Luton Maidstone Manchester Middlesbrough Milton Keynes Newport Newcastle upon Tyne Newport Northampton Norwich Nottingham Nuneaton Oldham Oxford Paisley Portsmouth Preston Perth Peterborough Plymouth Poole Raleigh Reading Rochdale Rotherham Sale Salford Sheffield Stevenage Stirling Stockport Stoke-on-Trent Sunderland Sutton Coldfield Swansea Swindon Southampton Southend-on-Sea Slough Solihull Southport St Asaph St Albans St David’s Swansea Telford Warrington Watford Weston-Super-Mare Wigan Wolverhampton Worcester Worthing York