This training course has been designed for those whose work involves lifting and moving of equipment at work.
HSE statistics show us that 80% of adults will suffer back pain at some point during their adult life, in most cases, many will manage to continue working or return to work within a few days or weeks, despite their pain.
Manual handling is an important factor within the workplace, we can make employees and others aware of the risks, but awareness is not enough. Apple Group provide training that is bespoke to the client ensuring that whatever the task is the learner will have received training to the highest standard.
Course aims and objectives
- To provide delegates with an appreciation of the requirements of manual handling legislation.
- Understand the need to carry out risk assessments when your work involves manual handling.
- Understand the importance of correct manual handling techniques in the workplace.
Manual handling course content
- Course introduction
- Manual handling tasks within your workplace
- Hazard and risk analysis of your working practice
- Collective and Individual controls
- Moving & handling assessments
- 5 steps to manual handling
- Principles of safer moving & handling
- Manual handling risk assessment
- 5 steps to a risk assessment
- Upper limb disorders
- Unsafe systems of work, latest HSE news
- Equipment demonstrations & practical assessment of course delegates
- Evaluation of your working practice when performing a manual handling task
This course is a mix of theory and practical with full participation from course delegates.
Duration: Full day
Certification: Accredited through Apple Group Training, although you may use this certificate as evidence towards continuous professional development.
Course location: Full UK coverage.
If you cannot travel, then as long as your workplace is suitable, we can provide training onsite to suit. (We come to you)
Benefits: Knowing that your employees/self-employed will have received manual handling training to the highest standard and as long as they follow the safe manual handling procedures as received on the training course, they will continue to perform their work task safely without the risk of injury.
If you would like more information on the course content, cost of individual open courses or group bookings please contact us.
Full UK Coverage