Battery Power – Air – Butane Gas Nail Guns
The purpose of the paslode, spat nail gun training course is to provide operatives on the procedure on how to inspect and use their nail gun irrespective of type, make and model.
Employees, self employed contractors must be trained and have read the manufacture instructions before operating a nail gun.
Many employees and the self employed including contractors are injured each year through misuse, negligence or lack of training on the safe use of nail guns.
Course Aims and Objectives
- Provide information and Instruction on the safe use of a nail gun in the workplace.
- Be aware of the hazard and the risk when using a nail gun on site.
- Course introduction (Previous use experience and knowledge)
- PUWER (Provision and use of work equipment regulations)
- MHSWR (Management of health and safety at work regulations, 5 steps to a risk assessment)
- Collective and individual safety controls to be followed in the workplace
- Nail gun manufacture types (paslode, Spat, Dewalt and other leading manufactures of nail gun)
- Inspection of your nail gun before use
- Maintenance service records
- Identification of the components parts of a nail gun
- PPE (Personnel protective equipment regulations)
- General use and the safety precautions that must be followed
- Procedures of cleaning your nail gun
- Choosing the correct pins dependent on material type(timber, masonry or steel)
- Practical participation of nail gun type by all course candidates
- Isolating your nail gun after use
- Importance of correct storage of your nail gun when not in use
- Trainer audit by the user of the nail gun before and after use
- Trainer assessment
Duration: One day
Certification: Certified through CPD, under the banner of safe use of power tools, this evidence can be used as continuous professional development within your industry. (CPD)
The certification is valid for 3 years.
Course location: Apple Group Training, locations are based in Leeds, Sheffield, Doncaster and Birmingham. We also have the use of up to 300 partner training centres in the UK.
If you can not travel to one of our locations then as long as your workplace is suitable, we can provide training onsite to suit.
Benefits: Knowing that your employees will have received training on the safe use of a nail gun to the highest standard.
If you would like more information on the course content, cost of individual open courses or group bookings please contact us.
Full UK Coverage
Mare Wigan Wolverhampton Worcester Worthing York