The harness training course has been specifically designed to provide employers and employees, subcontractors in fact anyone whose role is to wear a safety harness at height.
Any person who has a duty to wear a harness as part of their daily task must be trained on its use including choosing the correct lanyard for fall arrest or fall restraint.
Course Aims & Objectives
- Assess and determine when it’s appropriate to wear a safety harness
- Visually inspect harness and lanyards for damage before and after use
- Legislation and regulations affecting safety harness
- Harness standards and classifications
- Hazards and risk affecting the misuse of a safety harness
- Course Introduction
- Previous experience and knowledge.
- Appreciation of the requirements of UK legislation relevant to the course type.
- Latest guidance on when and where a harness needs must be worn.
- CE marking.
- Harness strengths, 140 kg or 150kg, make sure you choose the correct harness.
- Safety harness types (what is the difference).
- Choosing the correct type of (fall arrest or fall restraint).
- Choosing the correct harness for rooftop safety, portable ladders, fixed ladders, IPAF, flat roof access egress or work position.
- The importance of user inspection, before use and after use.
- Rescue provision, when wearing a harness (what the user needs to know).
- What happens in the event a worker is suspended at height when wearing a harness.
- How to wear a harness in accordance with the manufacture instructions.
- Introduction to suspension loops. (what is their purpose).
- Practical participation by course candidates on wearing a harness and attaching the correct lanyard for working at height.
Duration: 4 hours
Certification: Accredited through CPD as (Continuous professional development) under the banner of Apple Group Training.
Course location: Apple Group Training, locations are based in Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham. We also have the use of up to 300 partner training centres in the UK.
If you can not travel to one of our locations then as long as your workplace is suitable, we can provide training onsite to suit.
For a more detailed quote on costs, group bookings, individual open courses or train the trainer course please contact us.