Height Safety Awareness Training Course
The Height Awareness course is for employees and others who are in control of any work at height activity.
The work at height regulations state that you must make sure working at height, is carefully planned, supervised and carried out by a competent person’
Height Safety: Course aims and objectives
- Provide employees and others of the hazards and risk when working at height.
- Introduce collective and individual measures to protect employees, sub-contractors and others on site.
- Prevent falls – By using the correct equipment for the task.
- Minimise the consequences of a fall – take sufficient measures to prevent so far as is reasonably practicable any person falling a distance liable to cause injury.
- What is work at height (Hierarchy of control)?
- Current legislation and regulations
- Understanding ACOP – SOP – Method statement
- Hazards and risks associated with working at height
- Equipment type used for work at height
- Procedure of inspection and recording of equipment used for working at height
- Step ladders, ladders and multipurpose ladders
- Scaffold and portable towers
- Mews, Scissor lift, working platforms and cage
- Roofing access, work position and egress measures
- Harness, lanyard type and fall arrest blocks
- Rescue at height procedures
Duration: 6 hours
Certification: Certified through Apple Group Training, CPD, this evidence can be used as continuous professional development within your industry.
Course location: Apple Group Training, locations are based in Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham. We also have the use of up to 300 partner training centres in the UK.
If you can not travel to one of our locations then as long as your workplace is suitable, we can provide training onsite to suit.
Benefits: Knowing that your employees, sub-contractors and the self employed will have received training to the highest standard as per work at height regulations 2005
If you would like the height safety awareness training course onsite or at one of our training locations in the UK, please contact us for a quotation.
Full UK Coverage
Aberdeen Ayr Airdrie Bath Bangor Brighton Bradford Basingstoke Basildon Barnsley Bristol Bolton Blackpool Blackburn Birmingham Birkenhead Bedford Bournemouth Chester Chesterfield Coatbridge Colchester Crawly Coventry Cumbernauld Cheltenham Chelmsford Cardiff Cambridge Derby Doncaster Dundee Dunfermline Darlington East Kilbride Eastbourne Edinburgh Exeter Glasgow Halifax Hamilton Hastings Hartlepool Hemel Hempstead High Wycombe Huddersfield Ipswich Inverness Kilbride Kilmarnock Kingston upon Hull Kirkcaldy Leeds Leicester Lincoln London Liverpool Livingston Luton Maidstone Manchester Middlesbrough Milton Keynes Newport Newcastle upon Tyne Newport Northampton Norwich Nottingham Nuneaton Oldham Oxford Paisley Portsmouth Preston Perth Peterborough Plymouth Poole Raleigh Reading Rochdale Rotherham Sale Salford Sheffield Stevenage Stirling Stockport Stoke-on-Trent Sunderland Sutton Coldfield Swansea Swindon Southampton Southend-on-Sea Slough Solihull Southport St Asaph St Albans St David’s Swansea Telford Warrington Watford Weston-Super-Mare Wigan Wolverhampton Worcester Worthing York