Fixed Ladder Training and Rescue
Under the work at height regulations 2005 every person has a duty of care to both themselves and others to know and understand the practical implications of working safety at height, how to inspect and maintain when using the fixed ladder. Source HSE
This course has been designed to teach those with the responsibility of inspection, access, egress and maintenance of a fixed ladder.
Industries that we train for this type of course vary from general maintenance, to offshore, wind-turbine in fact anyone who has to use a fixed ladder as a means of access or a working platform.
Course Aims and Objectives
- Successful candidates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation, and best working practice on the use of a fixed ladder
- Be able to carry out a pre-use inspect and most importantly use the fixed ladder, in line with current approved safety methods and manufacturer’s instructions
- Fixed ladder standards
- Current legislation relevant to working at height
- PPE requirements when required
- Assess and determine when it’s appropriate to use a fixed ladderSafe access procedures, including use of personal fall protective equipment
- Hazard and risk analysis
- Rescue provisions in accordance with the work at height regulations
- Visually inspect and look for signs of damage before and after use
- Maintenance and recording procedure as per recommendation under the PUWER regulations
Duration: 6 hours
Certification: Accredited through CPD, you may use this certificate as evidence towards continuous professional development.
The CPD Certification Service was established in 1996 as the leading independent CPD accreditation institution operating across industry sectors to complement the Continuing Professional Development policies of professional institutes and academic bodies. The CPD Certification Service provides support, advice and recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD principles.
Course location: Apple Group Training, locations are based in Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham. We also have the use of up to 300 partner training centres in the UK.
If you can not travel to one of our locations then as long as your workplace is suitable, we can provide training onsite to suit.
Benefits: Knowing that your employees, sub-contractors will have received training to the highest standard and that as long as they follow the procedure as demonstrated, they will be competent to work at height on a fixed ladder
Full UK Coverage
Aberdeen Ayr Airdrie Bath Bangor Brighton Bradford Basingstoke Basildon Barnsley Bristol Bolton Blackpool Blackburn Birmingham Birkenhead Bedford Bournemouth Chester Chesterfield Coatbridge Colchester Crawly Coventry Cumbernauld Cheltenham Chelmsford Cardiff Cambridge Derby Doncaster Dundee Dunfermline Darlington East Kilbride Eastbourne Edinburgh Exeter Glasgow Halifax Hamilton Hastings Hartlepool Hemel Hempstead High Wycombe Huddersfield Ipswich Inverness Kilbride Kilmarnock Kingston upon Hull Kirkcaldy Leeds Leicester Lincoln London Liverpool Livingston Luton Maidstone Manchester Middlesbrough Milton Keynes Newport Newcastle upon Tyne Newport Northampton Norwich Nottingham Nuneaton Oldham Oxford Paisley Portsmouth Preston Perth Peterborough Plymouth Poole Raleigh Reading Rochdale Rotherham Sale Salford Sheffield Stevenage Stirling Stockport Stoke-on-Trent Sunderland Sutton Coldfield Swansea Swindon Southampton Southend-on-Sea Slough Solihull Southport St Asaph St Albans St David’s Swansea Telford Warrington Watford Weston-Super-Mare Wigan Wolverhampton Worcester Worthing York