Steps and Ladder Inspection Training Course
This course has been designed for managers, supervisors, employees, self employed and those whose work involves the inspection and record keeping of your ladders at work.
Course aims and objectives
To provide delegates with an appreciation of the requirements of the relevant legislation under PUWER
Understanding the importance of the correct recording procedures in the workplace
- What is the purpose of inspection (HSE Guidance)
- Current legislation related to this course
- Who is responsible in your workplace
- How often should we inspect our ladders
- How often should we record our findings
- BS and EN standards and testing of ladders (what are the changes – ladder association)
- Steps and ladder standards
- Procedures of disposal of faulty ladders
- Types of ladders, including associated ladder safety devices
- Manufacturing guidelines
- Evaluation of your ladders
- Practical assessment with group participation
This course is theory based, although there shall be elements of a practical participation by the course candidates.
Duration: 4 hours
Certification: Accredited through CPD, you may use this certificate as evidence towards continuous professional development.
If you would like the Inspection of Steps and Ladder training course onsite, please contact us for more information.
Apple Group Training aim to beat any equivalent quote.