Steps and Ladder Inspection course
This course is for those who require knowledge on the inspection of steps and ladders including hop ups, combi-ladders, podiums in the workplace.
The training will provide delegates with the correct understanding of the current legislation in order to be able to inspect access equipment, ladders and stepladders, plus identify all critical faults and be able to complete a record of the equipment details and inspections as outlined in PUWER regulations 1998.
Course aims and Objectives
- Accurate recording of details of ladders and steps
- Identification of component parts
- Inspection of ladders, stepladders and identification of safety critical faults
- Recording of findings in accordance with the statutory requirements (as outlined in PUWER ACOPs 163)
- Recommending of action to be taken if faults are found on the equipment
- Relevant legislation and regulations affecting work at height
- Latest standards and classifications for ladders & stepladders
- The relevant legislation and guidance and approved code of practice (ACOPs)
- Governing bodies and the responsibilities of the inspection of ladders and stepladders
- What is the difference between pre-use and formal inspections?
- The manufacturing processes used to determine the cost of repairs
- The difference between maintenance and repairs and who is authorised to complete this action
- Storage, how to store ladders and step ladders safely
- Correct methods of disposal of the equipment at the end of its working life
Course duration: 6 hours
Course location: Apple Group Training, locations are based in Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham. We also have the use of up to 300 partner training centres in the UK.
If you can not travel to one of our locations then as long as your workplace is suitable, we can provide training onsite to suit.
Benefits: Knowing that your employees, sub-contractors will have received training to the highest standard and that as long as they follow the procedure as shown in training they will be able to inspect ladders and step ladders in accordance with the relevant regulations
Certification: This course is accredited through Apple Group as evidence of CPD (Continuous professional development)
If you would like more information on the course content, cost of individual open courses or group bookings please contact us.
Full UK Coverage
Aberdeen Ayr Airdrie Bath Bangor Brighton Bradford Basingstoke Basildon Barnsley Bristol Bolton Blackpool Blackburn Birmingham Birkenhead Bedford Bournemouth Chester Chesterfield Coatbridge Colchester Crawly Coventry Cumbernauld Cheltenham Chelmsford Cardiff Cambridge Derby Doncaster Dundee Dunfermline Darlington East Kilbride Eastbourne Edinburgh Exeter Glasgow Halifax Hamilton Hastings Hartlepool Hemel Hempstead High Wycombe Huddersfield Ipswich Inverness Kilbride Kilmarnock Kingston upon Hull Kirkcaldy Leeds Leicester Lincoln London Liverpool Livingston Luton Maidstone Manchester Middlesbrough Milton Keynes Newport Newcastle upon Tyne Newport Northampton Norwich Nottingham Nuneaton Oldham Oxford Paisley Portsmouth Preston Perth Peterborough Plymouth Poole Raleigh Reading Rochdale Rotherham Sale Salford Sheffield Stevenage Stirling Stockport Stoke-on-Trent Sunderland Sutton Coldfield Swansea Swindon Southampton Southend-on-Sea Slough Solihull Southport St Asaph St Albans St David’s Swansea Telford Warrington Watford Weston-Super-Mare Wigan Wolverhampton Worcester Worthing York