Steps and Ladder Training Course
This course has been designed for managers, supervisors, employees, self – employed and those whose work involves the use of steps and ladders at work.
The training will provide delegates with the correct understanding of the current legislation in order to be able to use ladders and stepladders, identify the hazards and risk when using steps or ladders as outlined in WAH regulations 2005.
Course aims and objectives
- To provide delegates with an appreciation of the requirements of the relevant legislation under the work at height regulations
- The training will provide delegates with the knowledge and accreditation that is required to work with ladders, step ladders and combination ladders in the workplace.
- What is the purpose of training (HSE Guidance)
- Work at height regulations
- Collective and Individual measures, what is the difference
- How often should we inspect our steps and ladders
- Steps, ladders and combi ladder types and standards
- What are the hazards and risk when using steps or a ladder?
- Safe access and egress when using your steps and ladders
- What is three points of contact
- How to use your steps and ladders safely in accordance with the law
- Ladder safety devices and their purpose
- Practical assessment with group participation
This course is theory based, although there shall be elements of a practical participation by the course candidates.
Duration: 4 hours
Certification: Accredited through CPD, you may use this certificate as evidence towards continuous professional development.
Course location: Apple Group Training locations are based in Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham. We also have the use of up to 300 partner training centres in the UK.
If you can not travel to one of our locations then as long as your workplace is suitable, we can provide training onsite to suit.
Benefits: Knowing that your employees, sub-contractors will have received training to the highest standard and that as long as they follow the procedure as shown in training, they will be competent on the use of steps, ladders and combination ladders
Apple Group Training aim to beat any equivalent quote.
Full UK Coverage
Aberdeen Ayr Airdrie Bath Bangor Brighton Bradford Basingstoke Basildon Barnsley Bristol Bolton Blackpool Blackburn Birmingham Birkenhead Bedford Bournemouth Chester Chesterfield Coatbridge Colchester Crawly Coventry Cumbernauld Cheltenham Chelmsford Cardiff Cambridge Derby Doncaster Dundee Dunfermline Darlington East Kilbride Eastbourne Edinburgh Exeter Glasgow Halifax Hamilton Hastings Hartlepool Hemel Hempstead High Wycombe Huddersfield Ipswich Inverness Kilbride Kilmarnock Kingston upon Hull Kirkcaldy Leeds Leicester Lincoln London Liverpool Livingston Luton Maidstone Manchester Middlesbrough Milton Keynes Newport Newcastle upon Tyne Newport Northampton Norwich Nottingham Nuneaton Oldham Oxford Paisley Portsmouth Preston Perth Peterborough Plymouth Poole Raleigh Reading Rochdale Rotherham Sale Salford Sheffield Stevenage Stirling Stockport Stoke-on-Trent Sunderland Sutton Coldfield Swansea Swindon Southampton Southend-on-Sea Slough Solihull Southport St Asaph St Albans St David’s Swansea Telford Warrington Watford Weston-Super-Mare Wigan Wolverhampton Worcester Worthing York