Level 3 Ladder and Roof Ladder Training
This training course is for industries that require their employees to work safely at height on ladders and roof ladders when using a fall arrest system.
Apple Group provide the level 3 ladder – roof ladder training in accordance with the HSE and based on the principals as developed by Apple Group Training..
Apple Group have provided training on the safe access from ladder to ridge for over 19 years, we specialise on height safety and we also provide ladder stabilisation as well as height safety kits for the individual.
The training that Apple Group provide allows companies to save time and money knowing that their employees are safe when using ladders and roof ladders with a fall protection system.
Course Aims and Objectives
- Train employees and others on the safe working procedures when using ladders and roof ladders including fall arrest for working at height.
- Be aware of the dangers of working at height.
- Demonstrate a level of competency on the use of ladder, roof ladder using the level 3 Apple Group safety kit.
- Course Introduction, why is training so important
- HSE Legislation, why we must adhere to the law
- Latest statistics, HSE website latest news
- Ladder type, latest ladder standards
- Ladder stabilisation devices
- Collective and individual measures, what does this mean
- Inspection of your ladders and height safety kit level three
- Manual handling of your ladders, to the workplace
- Procedure of securing your ladder to a suitable structure
- Introduction of your individual height safety fall protection kit, generally known as the ladder safety kit level 3
- Demonstration on how to inspect and fit your harness with full group participation
- Practical application of your level working at height ladder kit
- Safe access and egress procedures for working at height when climbing a leaning ladder
- Transfer from a leaning ladder onto a roof ladder using your fall arrest
- Self- rescue from a leaning ladder
- Written test
- Course summary and discussion
Course duration: 7 hours
Course location: Apple Group Training, locations are based in Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham. We also have the use of up to 300 partner training centres in the UK.
If you can not travel to one of our locations then as long as your workplace is suitable, we can provide training onsite to suit.
Benefits: Knowing that your employees, sub-contractors will have received training to the highest standard.
Certification: This course is accredited through Apple Group and CPD (Continuous professional development) The CPD Standards Office, and the Confederation of Aerial Industries.
If you would like more information on the course content, cost of individual open courses or group bookings please contact us.
Full UK Coverage
Aberdeen Ayr Airdrie Bath Bangor Brighton Bradford Basingstoke Basildon Barnsley Bristol Bolton Blackpool Blackburn Birmingham Birkenhead Bedford Bournemouth Chester Chesterfield Coatbridge Colchester Crawly Coventry Cumbernauld Cheltenham Chelmsford Cardiff Cambridge Derby Doncaster Dundee Dunfermline Darlington East Kilbride Eastbourne Edinburgh Exeter Glasgow Halifax Hamilton Hastings Hartlepool Hemel Hempstead High Wycombe Huddersfield Ipswich Inverness Kilbride Kilmarnock Kingston upon Hull Kirkcaldy Leeds Leicester Lincoln London Liverpool Livingston Luton Maidstone Manchester Middlesbrough Milton Keynes Newport Newcastle upon Tyne Newport Northampton Norwich Nottingham Nuneaton Oldham Oxford Paisley Portsmouth Preston Perth Peterborough Plymouth Poole Raleigh Reading Rochdale Rotherham Sale Salford Sheffield Stevenage Stirling Stockport Stoke-on-Trent Sunderland Sutton Coldfield Swansea Swindon Southampton Southend-on-Sea Slough Solihull Southport St Asaph St Albans St David’s Swansea Telford Warrington Watford Weston-Super-Mare Wigan Wolverhampton Worcester Worthing York